Current Employment Offerings
Office Manager - Posted 7-17-17
The Jewish Community Center of Stamford (CT) is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Office Manager. The Office Manager will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with senior management and program directors. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional and able to work independently; has strong written and oral communication skills; is able to manage communications and coordinate with department heads as well as board members, lay leaders and professional contacts; has the ability to exercise good judgement and balance priorities.
- - Manage the CEO’s day-to-day administrative needs
- - Manage board calendar and support board president as needed
- - Provide administrative and clerical support to the senior management team and program directors
- - Provide Financial Resources Development administration
- - Assist with membership data entry
- - Handle communications with board of directors and lay leadership
- - Handle board and staff meeting set-up and arrangements
- - Attend board meetings and staff meetings, take minutes, and ensure timely follow-up
- - Provide logistical assistance for special events
- - Manage fundraising acknowledgement letters, etc.
- - Manage workflow and communications from senior management team, lay leaders, program directors and administrative staff
- - Provide regular reporting (historical and forward looking) to the CEO and the board, including but not limited to the status of prioritized activities
- - Perform related work as required or assigned
- - Take on additional duties and special projects as required or assigned
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- - Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- - BA/BS preferred
- - Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- - Database expertise (experience in eFinesstri a plus)
- - Strong aptitude in learning new programs and software
- - Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with solid multi-tasking abilities
- - Friendly and professional demeanor
- - Previous experience in a non-profit or Jewish Communal field preferred but not required.
This is a full-time salaried position, with benefits.
Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Stamford JCC is looking for nationally certified personal trainers to be a part of our growing Fitness Center staff.
Personal trainers at the JCC work to bring their own unique energy and enthusiasm to each and every person they come in contact with, and to create a friendly and warm atmosphere where teamwork and communication are cornerstones in achieving excellence in customer service.
This position also includes Fitness Center staffing (where we utilize informal conversations to get to know each and every person by name), providing towel service and engaging people to create a unique and personal touch for everyone who uses the Fitness Center.
All fitness professionals must maintain current, nationally recognized personal training certifications (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, etc.) or have an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Personal trainers are expected to keep current with fitness trends, science, techniques, tools and programs, and to continue to offer the industry standard in fitness expertise.
Experience is a plus, but not essential. Compensation based on experience and credentials.
Please contact Lori Price at 203.487.0984, or email@example.com.