JCC Programs for Adults
The Stamford JCC is a home for people of all backgrounds to grow and learn. Here, adults can explore their passions, exercise their creativity and engage with people who share their interests.
The JCC offers quality programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. With classes, workshops and events for adults of all ages covering a variety of topics from Judaism to fitness to enrichment classes, we are committed to creating programs that promote personal enrichment, enhancement of new skills, creative expression, and social connections.
Some of our adult offerings include:
• A fascinating roster of Jewish education classes, Israeli films, Jewish culture events and more
• Time to socialize over Mah Jongg or a bridge game
• Team-building events on our Ropes Course Adventures Program
• Our annual Jewish Arts & Film Festival of Fairfield County
• Community education events and holiday celebrations
• A spacious, light-filled fitness center with the latest exercise and strength-training equipment and some of the best
personal trainers in the area
• Leagues in a variety of sports, including basketball and softball
• Swim lessons, aqua fitness, multisport training, and free swim in our 6-lane, 25-meter indoor pool
• A great selection of group fitness classes, including Les Mills BODYPUMP and BODYVIVE, TRX, group cycling,
Pilates, Zumba, boot camp and many more.
Leadership & Volunteerism: The Center Women Fundraising
The mission of The Center Women is to foster a welcoming environment for all women, and to support the JCC through fundraising, volunteering and programming, while providing social and leadership opportunities. The funds raised by
The Center Women help run our kosher Senior Nutrition Program and JumpStart, our early childhood education program for children with special needs. Click here to learn more about The JCC Center Women.
The JCC provides stimulating social, recreational, educational programs and enrichment classes, meeting the needs of older adults. Kosher lunches are served four days a week, and bus transportation is available. Holidays are celebrated in style, with themes and entertainment. Each year, the Stanley Ferber Memorial Passover Seder is presented to the senior adult community free of charge, through the generosity of Mrs. Beverly Ferber, in memory of her husband Stanley Ferber. Children from KinderPlace and the JCC Sara Walker Nursery School often provide entertainment or join the senior adults for activities. Holiday celebrations provide volunteer opportunities for adults and teens.
Senior Adult programs at the JCC are made possible through grants from United Jewish Federation of Stamford, New Canaan and Darien, Senior Nutrition Program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County. MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger, and United Way of Western Connecticut, in addition to the fundraising efforts of POSH (JCC Providers Of Senior Happiness) and The Center Women.