Current Employment Offerings
Part-Time Passenger Van Driver
The JCC of Stamford is looking for a responsible, part-time passenger van driver. Class D license with F endorsement required. References and a clean driving record a must. No DUIs ever, no felony convictions ever. You must be familiar with area roads, have a neat appearance, a pleasant personality, and be absolutely dependable. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Director of Director of Youth Services / Director of O-la-mi
The Director of Director of Youth Services / Director of O-la-mi, under the direct supervision of the Managing Director of Family Services, shares in the JCC’s commitment to the highest quality programs and excellent customer service. As a member of the program staff, the Director of Youth Services / Director of O-la-mi is responsible for program development, implementation and evaluation for all of the agency’s programs targeted to children in kindergarten through 8th grade, inclusive of O-la-mi, the JCC’s summer day program.
- Management, planning and direct supervision of O-la-mi
- Management and oversight of the KidsPlace after-school program for grades K-8
- Planning and oversight for all K-8 classes, programs, and related youth and family events.
Programming & Supervision
- Develop and implement programming for school-age children, enrichment classes, family programs and special events (involves evening and weekend events and
- Provide formal and informal opportunities for Jewish learning and supervise day-to-day operations of all youth programs and events
- Provide Jewish education for staff to help afford them the depth of knowledge and skills necessary to incorporate Judaic content into programming.
- Develop and maintain annual department budget
- Act as staff liaison to O-la-mi and other volunteer committees related to youth programs and activities.
- Participate in strategic planning and fundraising for O-la-mi and other youth programs and activities
- Oversee and support volunteer recruitment efforts.
Marketing, Recruitment and Communication Skills
- Work alongside supervisor and Managing Director of Communications to develop marketing/PR/social media/internet marketing work
- Maintain high-level, quality communication with children and parents at all times.
- Effectively communicate JCC mission to staff and volunteers.
- Consult with all JCC department heads and staff as well as lay leaders and community partners.
- BA/BS required, masters preferred
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to plan projects, activities and schedule in advance
- Ability to read and understand budgets
- Strong Jewish background
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills
- The Director of Summer Programs & Youth Services is expected to be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and staff
- Must have experience working with school age children, and demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and parents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ability to master proprietary software programs.
Please send resume, along with cover letter and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Counselor: KidsPlace After-School Program
KidsPlace is the after-school program at the Stamford Jewish Community Center. It is an afternoon, recreational program for children from grades K-6 and includes swimming, outdoor and indoor sports and games, homework help, art, swimming, and more. The program runs from 2 – 6 p.m. (12 – 6 p.m. when schools release early) and is designed to provide children with a fun, safe, and engaging setting. The program follows the Stamford Public Schools calendar and is infused with spirit and energy throughout its varying activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leading the classroom in all activities and assist the KidsPlace directors to plan and execute a diverse and
developmentally appropriate schedule including art projects, sports and games, cooking projects, and a variety of other
• Responsible for working with the KidsPlace Directors and other classroom counselors to maintain positive interactions
and communication with KidsPlace families.
• Work with the KidsPlace directors and lead the classroom in transitions and all aspects of classroom management.
• Reports directly to the KidsPlace Directors.
• Responsible for maintaining the attendance clipboard and is responsible for the health and safety of all children in
• Fully participate in and help to lead weekly staff trainings.
• This is a supervisory position with responsibility for helping to direct and supervise junior staff members.
• Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children in a structured setting.
• Must enjoy working with school-age children and be active as well as adaptable to change.
• Applicants must be prepared to work in a professional environment and must be dependable.
• Must show strong leadership skills, enjoy working in a team setting, and have the desire to build relationships with
children, parents, peers, and co-workers.
• Must be a team player and a strong communicator.
• This is a part-time, hourly position. Rate is commencurate with experience.
Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls or faxes, please.
Part-time Receptionist / Front Desk Greeter
The right candidate for this job will possess great customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to create a warm and welcoming environment.
Basic duties include:
• Answering phones and greeting customers
• Taking class and program registrations (in person and over the phone)
• Processing credit card payments
• Checking memberships, issuing class passes, guest passes, etc.
• Answering customers’ questions
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Organized and friendly
• Able to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Regular hours: Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Sundays from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Additional flexible hours during the week and evenings as needed
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stamford JCC is looking for nationally certified personal trainers to be a part of our growing Fitness Center staff.
Personal trainers at the JCC work to bring their own unique energy and enthusiasm to each and every person they come in contact with, and to create a friendly and warm atmosphere where teamwork and communication are cornerstones in achieving excellence in customer service.
This position also includes Fitness Center staffing (where we utilize informal conversations to get to know each and every person by name), providing towel service and engaging people to create a unique and personal touch for everyone who uses the Fitness Center.
All fitness professionals must maintain current, nationally recognized personal training certifications (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, etc.) or have an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Personal trainers are expected to keep current with fitness trends, science, techniques, tools and programs, and to continue to offer the industry standard in fitness expertise.
Experience is a plus, but not essential. Compensation based on experience and credentials.
Please contact Lori Price at 203.487.0984, or email@example.com.