Current Employment Offerings
Fitness Center Greeter
Part-time Fitness Center greeter wanted, 26 hours per week, 5:30 a.m. – noon, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
The Fitness Center Greeter is responsible for:
• greeting each person by name
• creating personalized service for members
• offering assistance when needed
• answering telephones promptly and courteously, directing all calls to appropriate areas
• having full knowledge of Fitness Center policies, operations and schedules
• promoting the facility, amenities, programs and classes
• maintaining a high level of professionalism and service.
Qualified candidates must take pride in providing exceptional customer service! Must be Red Cross CPR/AED certified.
If your personality and abilities match the description above, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Senior Counselor: KidsPlace After-School Program
KidsPlace is the after-school program at the Stamford Jewish Community Center. It is an afternoon, recreational program for children from grades K-6 and includes swimming, outdoor and indoor sports and games, homework help, art, swimming, and more. The program runs from 2 – 6 p.m. (12 – 6 p.m. when schools release early) and is designed to provide children with a fun, safe, and engaging setting. The program follows the Stamford Public Schools calendar and is infused with spirit and energy throughout its varying activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leading the classroom in all activities and assist the KidsPlace directors to plan and execute a diverse and
developmentally appropriate schedule including art projects, sports and games, cooking projects, and a variety of other
• Responsible for working with the KidsPlace Directors and other classroom counselors to maintain positive interactions
and communication with KidsPlace families.
• Work with the KidsPlace directors and lead the classroom in transitions and all aspects of classroom management.
• Reports directly to the KidsPlace Directors.
• Responsible for maintaining the attendance clipboard and is responsible for the health and safety of all children in
• Fully participate in and help to lead weekly staff trainings.
• This is a supervisory position with responsibility for helping to direct and supervise junior staff members.
• Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children in a structured setting.
• Must enjoy working with school-age children and be active as well as adaptable to change.
• Applicants must be prepared to work in a professional environment and must be dependable.
• Must show strong leadership skills, enjoy working in a team setting, and have the desire to build relationships with
children, parents, peers, and co-workers.
• Must be a team player and a strong communicator.
• This is a part-time, hourly position. Rate is commencurate with experience.
Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or faxes, please.
Part-time Receptionist / Front Desk Greeter
The right candidate for this job will possess great customer service skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to create a warm and welcoming environment.
Basic duties include:
• Answering phones and greeting customers
• Taking class and program registrations (in person and over the phone)
• Processing credit card payments
• Checking memberships, issuing class passes, guest passes, etc.
• Answering customers’ questions
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Organized and friendly
• Able to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Regular hours: Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Sundays from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Additional flexible hours during the week and evenings as needed
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Stamford JCC is looking for nationally certified personal trainers to be a part of our growing Fitness Center staff.
Personal trainers at the JCC work to bring their own unique energy and enthusiasm to each and every person they come in contact with, and to create a friendly and warm atmosphere where teamwork and communication are cornerstones in achieving excellence in customer service.
This position also includes Fitness Center staffing (where we utilize informal conversations to get to know each and every person by name), providing towel service and engaging people to create a unique and personal touch for everyone who uses the Fitness Center.
All fitness professionals must maintain current, nationally recognized personal training certifications (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, etc.) or have an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Personal trainers are expected to keep current with fitness trends, science, techniques, tools and programs, and to continue to offer the industry standard in fitness expertise.
Experience is a plus, but not essential. Compensation based on experience and credentials.
Please contact Lori Price at 203.487.0984, or firstname.lastname@example.org.