Celebrating Our Past … Transforming Our Future
Update: January 2013
To date, we have raised just over $4 million — a tremendous feat, considering that the campaign remains at a relatively early stage. As of January, 2013 the JCC has begun Phase 2 fund raising for the capital improvements campaign, with the goal of raising $2 million more to complete further upgrades and improvements.
The JCC board of directors quietly launched our capital improvements campaign in December, 2010 with an initial fund raising target of $4 million. The initial target was based on the best available information at that time, concerning the estimated cost of, among other things, full rehabilitation and renewal of the JCC’s physical plant and infrastructure. By June, 2011, with the help of our engineers, consultants and other experts, we were able to develop a more refined set of project plans and cost estimates. With this in mind, the JCC’s board of directors voted to increase the ultimate target of the campaign to a total of $6 million, including restating the use of campaign funds as follows:
• $4.6 million toward full renovation and replacement of the JCC’s mechanical systems, including the building’s expiring HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems. Some modest cosmetic updating of the lobby, locker rooms, etc., is also anticipated to be undertaken as part of this targeted raise.
• $400,000 toward repaving roughly two-thirds of our driveway and parking lot (completed).
• $500,000 toward redevelopment of key fitness and team-building related areas, such as the walking path around the pond, an 18-hole miniature golf course, a low ropes course, and a high-tech J-Gaming fitness studio geared specifically to our youth and teen populations (completed). In addition, we hope at some point to add paddle boating on the JCC’s pond to our list of new outdoor activities.
• $500,000 toward the JCC’s permanent endowment. We are proud to say that we have already achieved 80% of that endowment goal.
• To date, we have raised just over $4 million — a tremendous feat considering that the campaign has only now begun to extend past a rather short list, including JCC board members and other targeted constituents.
• In January, 2013 we began fund raising for the second phase of the campaign, to raise the additional $2 million needed to complete further necessary upgrades and improvements to the main lobby, main hallway, men’s and women’s downstairs locker rooms, family changing room and the shower area of the Executive Locker Rooms (XLR).
• In the fall of 2013, we anticipate the rollout of a much broader and active set of campaign events and solicitations, which we expect will move us ever closer toward the achievement of our ultimate campaign target. With an all-hands-on-deck approach, we can look forward to the JCC continuing to play a significant role in the ongoing Jewish journey of our community.
Thank you again for your patience as we work to improve our JCC!
If you have any questions about the capital improvements project, please contact CEO Eric H. Koehler at 203.487.0940 or email@example.com.