Indoor and Outdoor Recreation
18-Hole Mini-Golf Course
The JCC's 18-hole mini-golf course is for use during organized children's programs, and for casual use by members. Non-members may not use the mini-golf course unless they are guests of members. For information on availability call the JCC welcome desk at 203.322.7900.
Monday to Friday – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday – Closed
Sunday 12 to 6 p.m.
Mini-golf at the JCC is available to all ages and is free for JCC members. Bring membership cards for all players over the age of 11 to the JCC welcome desk. The receptionist will give each player clubs and golf balls. (Use of your own equipment will not be allowed.) Members are welcome to bring guests, but all guests will need guest passes.
Guest pass fees: $10 adults 18 and older, $5 for children 3 – 17 years, children 2 years and under are free.
Guest passes are good for the entire day. Guests must be accompanied by members at all times while at the JCC.
Non-members may not use the mini-golf unless accompanied by a member. For more information, contact Mo Concepcion at 203.487.0971, or email@example.com.
Low Ropes Course
The JCC's Low Ropes Course is to be used only during JCC-organized programs led by certified ropes instructors. At all other times, it is strictly off limits to everyone. For more information, contact Mo Concepcion at 203.487.0971, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Playing Field
Our well-maintained football, soccer and softball field is open to all JCC members. For more information, contact
Mo Concepcion at 203.487.0971, or email@example.com.
The JCC's Multi-Sport Court lets you play almost every sport imaginable, including basketball, volleyball, roller hockey and tennis. The multi-court surface is maintenance-free and designed with interlocking joints that provide just enough give to actually help reduce injuries to athletes. JCC members may reserve the Sport Court up to 72 hours in advance, in person or by calling the JCC welcome desk at 203.322.7900.
Click here for Sport Court rules and regulations.
Choose from two racquetball courts. Reservations are accepted up to a week in advance. Reservations may be made in person or by calling the JCC welcome desk at 203.322.7900.
Outdoor Tennis Courts
The Center's outdoor tennis courts are made by Sport Court and are open to all JCC members by reservation only. Reservations are accepted up to a week in advance, and may be made in person or by calling the JCC welcome desk
An extraordinary, barrier-free play space
On a Boundless Playground, children, with and without disabilities, can develop essential skills for life as they learn together through play.
• every child can reach the highest play deck
• play structures are configured to support children's development
• there are universally accessible pathways and surfacing
• children enjoy cozy spots where everyone can gather
• equipment like swings and bouncers have back support
• elevated sand tables and activity panels let children of all abilities play together (and provide outdoor classroom experiences for children who attend JumpStart, the JCC Sara Walker Nursery School and KinderPlace!)
• sensory-rich activities let the imagination soar
• everyone can be in the middle of the fun!
The playground is built on two levels: Mikey's Playground, the early childhood area for ages two to five on the upper level, and the Didi Wein Playground, for children five and older, on the lower level. Mikey's Playground is named in memory of Michael Dorf, the late son of Fran and Bob Dorf. The Dorfs were instrumental in bringing JumpStart to the JCC. JumpStart is a therapeutic, early childhood classroom experience for two- and three-year-olds with special needs.
The lower playground is named for the late Didi Wein. Following her death in the late nineties, Didi's friends not only donated the funds, but actually constructed the playground with their own hands. A treasured addition to our JCC, the Didi Wein playground will live on, in tribute to Didi, as a place where even more children can play and grow.
KidZone provides an indoor play environment where children ages 4 and younger are exposed to age-appropriate play and movement experiences. Located in a bright, well-lit room filled with colorful, soft play equipment, KidZone encourages physical, social and cognitive development through activities that promote exploration and discovery. Adults must accompany children. Members only. Please do not bring food into the KidZone area.
Sunday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday: 8 – 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 – 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 – 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 – 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 – 9 a.m. 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. (7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. July and August)
Click here to view the J·Gaming schedule.
J·Gaming combines physical exercise with the excitement of video games to give everyone an engaging and entertaining way to get moving and get fit. The Stamford JCC has the first full-service exergaming facility in the area, and you're invited to be one of the first to experience the dynamic action and all-out fun of J·Gaming! For more information, contact Mo Concepcion at 203.487.0971, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Play Hours
Monday — Thursday: 4 to 6 p.m.
Friday: 2 to 6 p.m.
Sunday: Noon to 3 p.m.
Drop-in Fitness Hours
Friday: 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. (ages 9-14)
In order to assure the safe use of the J·Gaming facility and activities, the JCC has established the following rules and regulations.
• The J·Gaming facility is a JCC membership benefit and is open only to JCC members in good standing.
• All members must check in at the J·Gaming welcome desk before entering the room. All children under the age of 11 must be checked in by a guardian.
• Children ages 5-6 are only permitted to use the J·Gaming lounge. Children ages 7 & up are allowed in the J·Gaming studio.
• No children under 5 are allowed to use J·Gaming, even with adult supervision.
• During Drop-in Fitness times, a personal trainer will put children through a fun 45-minute workout. Only children with a pass are allowed to use J·Gaming during these times. Passes can be purchased at the welcome desk for $10.
• Non-members must present their guest pass receipt and be accompanied by a member to use J·Gaming.
• Hours in the J·Gaming room are subject to change by the JCC. While we will strive to provide adequate notice of operating hours, we reserve the right to change hours without notice if necessary.
• During crowded periods usage will be limited at the discretion of the JCC staff member on duty.
• Sneakers must be worn at all times.
• Absolutely no food or drink allowed in the J·Gaming lounge and studio.
The Playgrounds at the JCC Sara Walker Nursery School
Located on the park-like grounds of Temple Sinai in North Stamford, the JCC Sara Walker Nursery School utilizes age-appropriate, custom-designed outdoor and indoor play spaces. The outdoor playground is set on a gently rolling hill and features climbing equipment designed for optimal physical development. Indoors, students enjoy a state-of-the-art play structure, as well as KidZone II, a play environment filled with soft equipment and movement apparatus designed to catch the eye and engage the imagination while helping young children develop gross and fine motor skills, balance and hand-foot-eye coordination.