JCC Tzahal Shalom Program
The JCC Tzahal Shalom program, organized by the Jewish Community Center in cooperation with the Friends of the Israeli Defense Forces (FIDF), brings active-duty Israeli officers to Stamford each year for a cross-cultural encounter with our community. The primary goal of the program is to deepen mutual understanding and strengthen the unity of the Jewish people. Americans and Israelis are given opportunities to learn about each other and their societies, person-to-person, while building lasting relationships and a profound sense of extended family.
For more information, please contact Nancy Schiffman at 203.487.0941 or email@example.com.
Did you know...
Last year alone, the seven officers of the Israel Defense Forces who participated in the Stamford JCC’s Tzahal Shalom program made a meaningful connection with:
• 1,000 high school students at 7 different high schools (Westhill, Stamford, AITE, Greenwich, New Canaan, King, and Norwalk’s Brien McMahon)
• 100 teens involved in after school Jewish programming/youth groups
• 600 elementary and middle school students at Bi-Cultural Day School and Westchester Fairfield Hebrew Academy
• All of the children in the Congregation Agudath Sholom, Temple Beth El and Temple Sinai religious schools
• Shabbat congregants at Congregation Agudath Sholom, Temple Beth El and Temple Sinai
• 225 children in after school and preschool programs at the JCC
• Clergy representing 6 different churches in Stamford
• 350 adults at 12 events throughout the community
• 50 seniors in assisted living facilities, plus 100 additional seniors in JCC programs
• The Mayor of Stamford
• Top brass at the Stamford Police Department
• 7 lucky host families
• Countless fellow IDF soldiers back in Israel when they returned and shared the incredible support and love, that American Jewry has for Israel.
We expect to reach an even broader audience with this year’s Tzahal Shalom program, including conversations with students and faculty at area universities.
Tzahal Shalom is funded entirely through the generosity of individuals in our community. Please help support this important initiative. Tax-deductible contributions may be made to the Stamford JCC.
Click here to make a donation online.
The JCC Tzahal Shalom program exists through the generous support of people like you. Enlist for this special mission and be part of the elite forces that have kept the program going for more than 30 years.*
Our supporters’ ranks include:
General – Ramatkal: $5,000
Colonel – Aluf: $2,500
Captain – Rav Seren: $1,000
Lieutenant – Segen: $500
Sargeant – Samai: $360
Private – Turai: $180
Recruit - Teron: Other
There are three ways to donate.
1. Click here to donate online.
2. Mail a check to the Stamford Jewish Community Center, 1035 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905 with “Tzahal Shalom” written in the memo of your check.
3. Stop by the JCC.