JCC Tzahal Shalom Program
Sunday, April 22 – Sunday, April 29
Join us as JCC Tzahal Shalom celebrates its 40th anniversary.
Steeped in a long tradition of fostering a deeper understanding of and connection between the people of Israel and Stamford, the Stamford JCC welcomes 7 soldiers and officers serving in the reserves of the Israel Defense Force. The primary goal of their visit is to strengthen the unity of Jewish peoplehood, facilitate community-wide Israel education, and build long-lasting, impactful relationships through face-to-face interactions.
The officers visit schools throughout Stamford and the surrounding communities, as well as meet with adult groups and government officials.
Please join us for any of the following events. All are welcome.
Make YOUR connection to Israel.
For more information about the program, contact Nancy Schiffman at 203.487.0941 or email@example.com.
Teen Event for Grades 8 - 12
Monday, April 23 · 7 p.m. · at The J
BBYO chapter meeting
Presentation in Greenwich
Monday, April 23 • 7:30 p.m. • Greenwich Reform Synagogue
Young Professionals Event in NYC
Tuesday, April 24 • 7:30 p.m. • The Half Pint, NY
All young professionals are welcome.
Event for Women of the Community
Wednesday, April 25• 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.• Private Home
Jewish Historical Society & Jewish War Veterans Event
Wednesday, April 25• 4:30 – 6 p.m. • Harry Bennett Library
Wednesday, April 25• 7:30 p.m. • Private Home
Lecture for Senior Adults
Thursday, April 26 • 11:15 a.m. • at The J
Town Hall Meeting
Thursday, April 26 • 7:30 p.m. • at The J
Hear all 7 officers share their experiences and answer questions
Friday, April 27
Temple Sinai &Temple Beth El of Stamford
Saturday, April 28
Congregation Agudath Sholom & Temple Beth El of Norwalk
Highballs & Hypnosis – Tzahal Shalom Fundraiser
Saturday, April 28 • 8:45 p.m. • at The J
Join us for an amazing interactive evening as we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Tzahal Shalom. Prepare to be spellbound by Ronny Romm and his hilarious use of hypnosis and ESP
Click HERE to purchase tickets
For details, contact JCC welcome desk at 203.322.7900.
To donate to the JCC Tzahal Shalom:
The JCC Tzahal Shalom program exists through the generous support of people like you. Enlist for this special mission and be part of the elite forces that have kept the program going for more than 30 years.*
Our supporters’ ranks include:
General – Ramatkal: $5,000
Colonel – Aluf: $2,500
Major - Rav Seren: $1,800
Captain – Seren: $1,000
Lieutenant – Segen: $500
Sargeant – Samai: $360
Private – Turai: $180
Recruit - Teron: Other
There are three ways to donate.
1. Click here to donate online.
2. Mail a check to the Stamford Jewish Community Center, 1035 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905 with “Tzahal Shalom” written in the memo of your check.
3. Stop by the JCC.
Did you know...
Each year the JCC Tzahal Shalom program brings seven active duty Israeli officers to Stamford for a cross-cultural encounter with our community. The primary goal of the program is to deepen mutual understanding and strengthen the unity of the Jewish people. Americans and Israelis are given opportunities to learn about each other and their societies, person-to-person, while building lasting relationships and a profound sense of extended family.
Last year alone, the seven officers of the Israel Defense Forces who participated in the Stamford JCC’s Tzahal Shalom program made a meaningful connection with:
• 1,000 high school students at over 10 different public high schools
• 100 teens involved in after school Jewish programming/youth groups
• 600 elementary and middle school students at Bi-Cultural Day School and Carmel Academy
• All of the children in the local synagogues and religious schools
• Shabbat congregants at local synagogues
• 225 children in after school and preschool programs at the JCC
• 1000 adults at events throughout the community
• 50 seniors in assisted living facilities, plus 100 additional seniors in JCC programs
• 200 college students and faculty when officers visit while universities and colleges are in session
• The Mayor of Stamford
• Top brass at the Stamford Police Department
• 7 lucky host families
• Countless fellow IDF soldiers back in Israel when they returned and shared the incredible support and love that
American Jewry has for Israel.
Tzahal Shalom is funded entirely through the generosity of individuals in our community. Please help support this important initiative. Tax-deductible contributions may be made to the Stamford JCC.
Click here to make a donation online.