Current Employment Offerings
The Jewish Community of Stamford (JCC) is looking for nationally certified personal trainers to be a part of our growing Fitness Center staff.
Personal trainers at the JCC work to bring their own unique energy and enthusiasm to each and every person they come in contact with, and to create a friendly and warm atmosphere where teamwork and communication are cornerstones in achieving excellence in customer service.
This position also includes Fitness Center staffing (where we utilize informal conversations to get to know each and every person by name), providing towel service and engaging people to create a unique and personal touch for everyone who uses the Fitness Center.
- Conduct new and current member orientations and follow-up meetings
- Provide guidance and motivation to members and guests
- Develop, promote and conduct programs in the fitness center
- Recruit clients and build individual client base
- Staffing fitness center is required
- Have the ability to design and execute individual and small group exercise fitness programs, tailored to the needs and attainable goals of the individual, apparently healthy client, in a safe and effective way
- Have understanding for the need and importance of screening and client assessment; proficiency in conducting these evaluations initially and progressively
- A desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise
- An ability to motivate others in an encouraging and uplifting way towards improving their overall fitness and health
- A dedication to maintaining personal integrity, client confidentiality and professional standards for best practice
- A dedication to self-improvement, self-awareness, continuous learning, personal growth and development with regard to personal health, fitness and mental capacity
All fitness professionals must maintain current, nationally recognized personal training certifications (NASM, ACSM, ACE, AFAA, etc.) or have an equivalent degree from an accredited university. Personal trainers are expected to keep current with fitness trends, science, techniques, tools and programs, and to continue to offer the industry standard in fitness expertise.
Experience is a plus, but not essential. Compensation based on experience and credentials.
Please contact Lori Price at 203.487.0984, or firstname.lastname@example.org.