These Zoom Webinars will connect and empowering parents of special needs students for the road ahead 2020-2021
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW AND ADVOCACY
Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Special Education Law
Jane Faherty, Director of Jumpstart, Stamford JCC and Educational Advocate
Jennifer Weitz and Marla Wayne, Educational Advocates, JW Advocates
Top 10 Topics for Discussion:
• Re-entry into school: Coping with the “new normal” school environment
• The many roles of parents at home and in school
• Challenges to Learning in School: academic, COVID issues, anxiety, school refusal, etc.
• Re-evaluating the IEP in the face of COVID – Importance of keeping records
• Addressing families moving to the area – new registration
• Ensuring Appropriate Placements
• How to Prepare for a PPT meeting via teleconference
• My child’s special education rights
• Compensatory education
• Updating Evaluations
Every session will always have an opportunity devoted to your questions.
We want to hear from you and welcome your questions, please submit to: Rachel Berliner firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to register.