INFORM CONNECT EMPOWER
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW AND ADVOCACY
Attorney Lawrence Berliner, Special Education Law
Jane Faherty, Director of Jumpstart, Stamford JCC and Educational Advocate
Special Guest: Dr. Michael Cohen, Psychologist, Fairfield, CT
How to Prepare for the Annual Review PPT Meeting:
Parent observations, concerns, assessing your child’s progress
Let’s start the Discussion:
• Dr. Cohen will discuss types of evaluations he typically conducts as a psychologist
• How to implement the recommendations provided by a psychologist
• Updating educational performance, based on virtual, hybrid or in-school learning models
• Addressing social, emotional, and anxiety issues throughout the school year
• Does your child generalize skills learned at school to other settings?
• Providing input, concerns and observations in order to enhance your child’s education
• Assessing your child’s progress or regression during the past school year
• Is your child’s IEP being implemented as written?
Q & A: We know you will have questions about this area of discussion, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us ahead of time. Let us know your questions, your concerns and your experiences. Every session will always have an opportunity devoted to your questions.
We want to hear from you and welcome your questions, please submit to: Rachel Berliner email@example.com.
Click HERE to register.