Professor Tovah Klein’s aim is to help parents “crack the code” of everyday behaviors and offer the opportunity to lay down a solid, lifelong foundation, including practical advice or how parents can troubleshoot day-to-day challenges and guide and support their children into becoming the people they are meant to be. Klein will discuss how parents can:
• Understand the often-mystifying aspects of toddler behavior.
• Shift perspective to view the world from your child’s point-of-view.
• Create clear routines, limits and boundaries.
• Interact in ways that help you through the day-to-day struggles.
• Ensure that your toddler receives the kinds of attention, guidance and interactions he or she needs at this unique window in his or her life to develop the crucial lifelong skills of resilience, self-reliance, self regulation and empathy and compassion.
Tovah Klein, Ph.D. is the Director of the Barnard College Center for Toddler Development; Associate Professor of Psychology. She has served as a developmental advisor for Sesame Street. Klein has appeared on Good Morning America, Today Show, CNN, and National Public Radio. Her advice has appeared in The New York Times, Redbook, Parents, Huffington Post and countless other publications. She is the mother of three boys.
Click here to register