JCC Tzahal Shalom Program
Sunday, March 31 – Sunday, April 7 Join us as JCC Tzahal Shalom celebrates its 40th anniversary.
Steeped in a long tradition of fostering a deeper understanding of and connection between the people of Israel and Stamford, the Stamford JCC welcomes 7 soldiers and officers serving in the reserves of the Israel Defense Force. The primary goal of their visit is to strengthen the unity of Jewish peoplehood, facilitate community-wide Israel education, and build long-lasting, impactful relationships through face-to-face interactions. The officers visit schools throughout Stamford and the surrounding communities, as well as meet with adult groups and government officials. Join us during the week to meet the IDF officers and hear their stories. A brochure with the details of their visit will be available via mail and at our welcome desk.
Make YOUR connection to Israel.
For more information about the program, contact Nancy Schiffman at 203.487.0941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a Host Family to a JCC Tzahal Shalom Officer
We are actively seeking Jewish host families who are JCC members to host Israeli officers during this year’s Tzahal Shalom visit. Imagine the impact it would have on you and your family to open your home and your heart to an Israeli officer for seven days.
Click here to download a Host Family application. Applications are due by February 1, 2019 to Nancy Schiffman, Associate Executive Director, Development & Signature Programs.
For more information about the program or hosting an officer, contact Nancy Schiffman at 203.487.0941 or email@example.com.
To donate to the JCC Tzahal Shalom:
The JCC Tzahal Shalom program exists through the generous support of people like you. Enlist for this special mission and be part of the elite forces that have kept the program going for more than 30 years.*
Our supporters’ ranks include:
General – Ramatkal: $5,000
Colonel – Aluf: $2,500
Major - Rav Seren: $1,800
Captain – Seren: $1,000
Lieutenant – Segen: $500
Sargeant – Samai: $360
Private – Turai: $180
Recruit - Teron: Other
There are three ways to donate.
1. Click here to donate online.
2. Mail a check to the Stamford Jewish Community Center, 1035 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905 with “Tzahal Shalom” written in the memo of your check.
3. Stop by the JCC.
Did you know...
Each year the JCC Tzahal Shalom program brings seven Israeli officers to Stamford for a cross-cultural encounter with our community. The primary goal of the program is to deepen mutual understanding and strengthen the unity of the Jewish people. Americans and Israelis are given opportunities to learn about each other and their societies, person-to-person, while building lasting relationships and a profound sense of extended family.
Each year the seven officers of the Israel Defense Forces who participated in the Stamford JCC’s Tzahal Shalom program make meaningful connections with:
• 1,000 high school students at over 10 different public high schools
• 100 teens involved in after school Jewish programming/youth groups
• 600 elementary and middle school students at Bi-Cultural Day School and Carmel Academy
• All of the children in the local synagogues and religious schools
• Shabbat congregants at local synagogues
• 225 children in after school and preschool programs at the JCC
• 500 adults at events throughout the community
• 100 seniors at the JCC and in assisted living facilities
• 200 college students and faculty when officers visit while universities and colleges are in session
• The Mayor of Stamford
• Top brass at the Stamford Police Department
• 7 lucky host families
• Countless fellow IDF soldiers back in Israel when they returned and shared the incredible support and love that
American Jewry has for Israel.
Tzahal Shalom is funded entirely through the generosity of individuals in our community. Please help support this important initiative. Tax-deductible contributions may be made to the Stamford JCC.
Click here to make a donation online.